Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ya jinglin' baby, go 'head baby...



2008, [plug.in] Basel, Foto: Stefan Holenstein


If you take everything you experience and roll it up into
a little ball,
what color would that ball be?
What would that color represent for you?
As I begin this ultra simplification of my life,
I am extremely topsy-turvy,
lots of greens, blues, pinks, 'purples,
acceptance or maybe more release of what I am
as an artist,
what I am "meant" to create,
"meant" to do,
"meant" to represent.
Music is something of an enigma to me.
It pretty much scares the world out of me because I
love it too much, adore the rapture it puts on me, but
drunk with the perception
that I couldn't make a living doing it.
This is absurd and I truly feel
that I say this to myself
to prevent myself from becoming
what I know I am and have always been,
a performer.
Self sabotage is a b*tch. She likes to make you believe
that you aren't doing it to yourself, that she is in control,
doing the damage.
But it's all you.
Regardless, bunnies and carrots, I am done and
seemingly free.
Let's see how long this one last....

The live show will only entail myself and the musician who
helped me to create the music. Very simple, very
open, honest and pure in the funkiest aspect of the word.
You have to begin, you must start and you mustn't make an excuse.
Use what you have. Before coming across producers that I might
have exchanged a nice energy with, I just sat in my room, wrote,
recorded. It's forever a grass-roots movement, even when the money
rolls in on it's white horse to save you. It's STILL a grass-roots movement
because the watering of that beautfiul grass is always left up to you.
Maintain it.

Happiness is definitely showing on my face, in my spirit,
so is some blind determination, some confused motivation,
but it goes full speed ahead.



Chiho Aoshima, Japanese Apricot 3 - A pink dream, 2007. (bigger version Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin)

No comments: